Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Mother's day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there. I know I am grateful to be a mother, daughter, sister, and wife. The other day Luke came home and said he needed some money to buy me a mother's day present at the "mini store." For those of you who don't know what the mini store is, it is a "mini" store set up in the school's multi-purpose room and all items are a $1.00. That even includes gift wrapping. It is the cutest idea and the kids have a blast buying items for their mothers. Being the good mother that I am I completely forgot to give him some money. But, that didn't stop him from finding a way to get what he wanted for his mother. He borrowed some money from a good friend and bought...

Flip flops: size 10 1/2. He decided to wear them and soften them up for me. He wore them around school and I'm sure his teacher and those that saw him felt sorry for him. They were probably thinking "that poor kid doesn't have shoes that fit him." "What kind of a mother would send their child to school in flip flop that are 6 sizes too big?"

Every mother needs a good flashlight.
You gotta love a good set of corn holders.
I can't wait for christmas to wear my new earrings. Thanks Alex for thinking of me.
This beautiful scarf that Lulu is modeling was purchased by Alex.I am the luckiest mother. Thank you Luke and Alex for your thoughtfulness. I love you guys!














6 comments:

Wight Family said...

So sweet! happy mother's day to you Jamie! I love you and your kids! So cute!

Butch Tiger said...

dang cute blog Jamie, Love you and your family. You're the best ever. dad

Tesha said...

one year I got a gold Grandma necklace with little diamonds on each side of the word grandma, when I told Koby that I LOVED it, and asked him if he knew it said grandma, he said "you know I can't read!" It is so fun to see what they think you will love, so thoughtful! I saw Luke buy the flip flops, I assumed they were for Nick :) Lucky you ~ I too got a set of the corn holders this year, but I'm pretty jealous of the tree earrings! Happy Mothers Day :)

Ferguson Family said...

I think you ought to wear the scarf, the earrings and the flip-flops to the mall while holding the flashlight and a bucket and see how much money you can collect to help you pay your fine. Good stuff- Happy Mothers Day!

Tiffanie said...

You've gone and got me all excited to see what Maddie bought me at the mini store. It is still wrapped up and waiting for tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

The Huntsville Dunns said...

That makes me laugh....you can't go wrong with the mini store!!! I love that Luke wore your beautiful flip flops first!