Saturday, May 23, 2009

Latest and Greatest For May

Okay--so here is the latest and the greatest for the month of May

Running the Ogden Marathon...yes all 26.2 miles. Look at her go...run "forest" run. Proud moment for me. Feeling good...?

My running mate up until mile 16--Sadie you are awesome. Don't worry about ditching me. I let you beat me because I wanted to eat all the doughnuts at mile 25. I didn't tell you about my secret weapon--I wanted them all to myself.

Here is the secret weapon. A glazed doughnut. It got me to the finish line. I don't know many marathon runners who eat a doughnut at mile 25. I was starving and a kind volunteer said I could eat her doughnut. I was sick of oranges and "gu" I needed real sugar. Let's just say, it got me to the finish line, but it didn't make it home with me. I am officially cured of doughnuts. It was a blessing in disguise. If the church wants to ban doughnuts, now would be a good time. I am doughnut free as of today. No more Krispy Kremes--now when I see the "Hot Light" on I just keep on a driving.

PS--Sherene thanks for being there for me right when I needed you. I couldn't have finished without you. SHERICE AND JULIE FOREVER
Oh - ya before I forget Nick and his brother Josh ran the whole 26.2 miles too. (Sorry Nick and Josh--I didn't mean to brag about me...you guys are awesome too!)
Luke was a bear in his cute first grade opera. I love this pic. It shows exactly how he feels about the opera. I caught him throwing spit wads out into the audience. Raising Luke:)



Another great event that happened this month was our Auntie Emily got married---Yeah, it was a perfect day! We are so happy for the both of them.

oops--wrong pic. (Sorry I had to throw that in. I like to keep up my funny pics)

Some family pics at the wedding. My camera was a on a bad setting, so bear with me and the blury pics.

Here is Lulu drinking red punch in her new dress right before the reception. AHHH A proud mother moment...Alex went to the science olympiad which is held down in Ogden. She competed in the speed stackers competition. She competed against all the other elementarys in the district. Her team took 2nd place. Way to go Valley! This is Alex doing a little demo for her cousins at the reception. STACKERS, STACKERS, STACKERS that is all I hear. HELP ME!

Speaking of Valley Elementary...A fond farewell to the greatest elementary school ever. Out with the old and in with the new. Great memories at good ol' Valley. Valley will be closing its doors on May 29th. Bulldogs Forever!

8 comments:

K.Booth said...

Jamie great post!!! when I get old I am going to be just like you and run a marathon. I loved them all, But I have to say luke's bear picture is absolutely hilarious!!! I just busted up everytime I looked at it, I just love that little bear!

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

You are awesome! I wish that I could run a marathon! I am way to lazy and too much of whimp. Way to go!! You are my hero! :)

Wight Family said...

Go runner friend!! You looked great out there!! I'm really glad that I caught you in front of my house. I almost missed you. Kenna and I loved it.
I've got to get my pics of the Opera up, I got the biggest kick out of your bear boy. He's funny!

Looks like your cousin married mine. That skinny boy, we have tried everything. ;)

bskeith said...

Love the bear-but don't make any rash decisions about donuts--maybe we could incorporate them into our training schedule...hide one in the weeds with our water-then by next year your stomach would actually EXPECT a donut at mile 25. Go Julie!!

Ferguson Family said...

The bear looked slightly disoriented... maybe he got into the garbage and ate all the donuts that got thrown out?

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Oh Jamie, Jamie, Jamie......my life would not be complete without you and your sense of humor! If I ever do a marathon, I'm training on doughnuts!!!

Tiffanie said...

Hey Jamie,
Too bad I didn't see you at the finish line. I came in around 9 hours and 5 minutes or so. No one else was there...not sure why. I thought 9 hours was the average time to run a marathon. My running partner was your "fluffy" relative in the picture. She too left me in the dust at mile 16. At least I did my best. Maybe next year I will be able to keep up with you.

Lisa Carter said...

Jamie, I've said it before and I will say it again. You are my HERO!!! I love that you grab the camera before you save/kill your children mid antic. I want to be just like you when I grow up.