Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And The Gold Medal Goes To...

This past weekend we had 10th or 11th (who's counting)annual Froerer Olympics

What a fun weekend! It started Friday night with a great dutch oven dinner followed by a mean game of softball. The theme was introduced by Father Froerer. It was "Choices have consequences." Below is a glimpse of the T-shirts. Great theme. It made me ponder more on the choices that I make and what will become of those choices. Will I stop and eat a doughnut during the 1 mile race? or will chose to push forward and go for the gold? I chose not to eat a doughnut this time and it paid off. I Tied for first place with my cute niece Hannah. Now, I know that eating a doughnut at mile 25 during the marathon hurt my chances for the gold. I miss the good ol' days when the T-shirts had twinkies on them. One felt comfortable eating a twinkie or two and even slipping in a coke. Times are changing and therefore our choices are changing.
I'm learning to choose wisely.
We rose early Saturday morning to start the games. The first event was the 1 mile run--


The three musketeers taking a little dip in the pool


Our cheerleaders



The "Big Boy" race

The "Big boys" competing in the gunnie sack race



The couples in the three legged race. As you can see Nick and I are taking the picture...therefore we didn't take the gold in this event. We felt that staying behind and capturing the moment was more important than winning.


The "little ones" preparing for their sprint. We are proud of them all, but couldn't be more proud of the cute little girl on the left who ended up taking first place. I wonder who her parents are?



Luke and Hyrum in the three legged race
Alex in the gunnie sack race--I love this picture. I'll just lie and say that she took first place

Father Froerer set up a great waterslide in the back yard. It was an absolute blast! It made me feel like I was 8 again... I giggled and giggled.



Nick diving into the pool while completing the obstacle course


Me passed out after completing the obstacle course. You would have thought I ate a doughnut during it because of how I felt afterward (btw...I took 2nd place if you were wondering)


Lulu completing her race in the gunnie sack competition--we'll lie and say she took first too.


You won't see doughnuts on this table...One of the greatest events of the olympics is eating. WOW, we had amazing food. Thanks to everyone and especially Father and Mother Froerer for providing all of it. Eating is always a highlight for me.


I won't lie about this kid..."Lukey Duke" was the man. He did at least 10 pull ups. I'm not joking either, especially since I couldn't do one. Just hanging hurt. (btw...he took first)


The push up competition was a little out of my league. Here we've got Nick digging deep to pull one more out.


Everyone's a winner...cheetos were the consolation prize

Two bathing beauties
Just chillin in the pool

Father & Mother Froerer who made it all happen. It was the best Olympics ever. Thanks for everything. We love and appreciate you.

It was a privilege to be with such great athletes and compete with the world's best
Cute Nick and Alex

The awards ceremony


LuLu sporting her prizes


Luke with his prizes


Can't wait for next years Froerer Olympics...2010 here we come!


8 comments:

Rip Curl Mom said...

Way to go Froerer's! I know you have been preparing for these moments your whole life and I am happy to see that your hard work paid off. Can't wait to see what happens next year!

K.Booth said...

We have always been big fans of the froerer olympics, it is the ultimate stage for the trill of victory and the agony of defeat (que the olympic theme song).........yes our choices have consequences, so when you choose to compete with lukey duke in a pull up contest.......you choose to lose. Way to go Lukey, I am one proud Mother...........(aunt). Way to go Alex and Lu Lu.

Sarajane said...

nice work Jamie- you are the only girl wne over 19 who made it to the medal podium.

Lisa Carter said...

I want to be a Froerer! That is the coolest thing I have ever heard of. What a blast.

mama fish said...

I'm happy to see all of your hard work and training paid off! We should really have own own little oympics on the fouth, but after the "spread" you guys put on who could move?

Wight Family said...

I'm seeing a trend in the Froerer families and Olympics. One day, you will have a name at the big games I'm pretty sure. Could be Luke! ;)

Ferguson Family said...

Looks like a blast! Congrats on all those first place wins- that's amazing. Those donuts paid off.

Tesha said...

looks like the funnest weekend ever! is luke available as a personal trainer?