Thursday, February 19, 2009

HaPpY "BiRdAy" PoPpY


HaPpY "BiRdAy"

Happy "Birday" Poppy. We just wanted to say that you are the best! For those of you thinking that I mispelled Birthday...well I did. Ode--to grandma Hunter who for some reason cannot say "Birthday." She always says "Birday." "Honey, happy birday, I hope you have a wonderful day, you sure are a wonderful person, you've got a wonderful family.....and so on"


"The old grey mare ain't what she used to be"

Things we love about our poppy...

Alex....he makes the best pancakes in the whole world. He taught me the song "I'll give you a Twinkie for a coke."

Luke...he's nice and I like it when he takes me to the Maverik to get a treat after we've worked in his yard.

LuLu...I love "Poppy" (btw, she gave grandpa the nickname of "Poppy."). I like watching Scooby Doo with him.

Jamie...He's the greatest dad in the whole world. I don't know what I'd do without ya "Poppy." Thanks for always being there for me.

Nick...He is the "man!" I like that he thinks that "dumb a.." isn't a swear word. He rocks with the best of them. I can't wait until I see him lying on his back playing the guitar.



"I wish, I wish with all my might"

This would be a great "facebook" profile pic dad.



5 comments:

Butch Tiger said...

Now those are great pictures. I love them all. Esp Chester's "red headed" step child at the top. I love my "thoughtful" look. Kinda like a wedding picture. I love you guys. Thanks for the party. dad

Troy said...

Dave,

Do you think you can sing "I'll give you a twinkie for a coke" during our Sunday School Class. I don't think I am familiar with that one...

Happy Birday....

Wight Family said...

Here's another vote for that song on Sunday!!!

Cute post Jamie/Nick. I love the thoughts from the kids about Poppy! He is a great guy.

K.Booth said...

Happy Birtdday...hug..huh...huh. You know there was a time where the old grey mare wasn't old, she was just frisky -Grandma Irene.

Butch Tiger said...

Jamie's Brr-day is the april 5th, First Sunday in April. So, Happy Brr-day Jamie. How old are you anyway? Dc