Sunday, March 29, 2009

A follow-up to "Why".. What the Heck!

I have had a few choice moments in life that have made me say "what the heck." I'd like to share a few. The Super 8 Motel in Moab--over priced for a room that has bedding as old as you are. It is hard to read the fine print, but it says due to the popularity of our guest room amentities our housekeeping department now offers these items for sale: Hand towel $9.00 or my favorite: Pillows $15.00. I bet The Super 8 pillows give Motel 6 a run for their money.



I was a little leary to even use the cups. They should've had a warning label on them that says "do not use if plastic wrap has been removed."



Here is a great pic. of how large and spacious this expensive room with updated decor looks like.


My all time favorite "What the Heck." I can't believe it...Baby Alive is now "$19.99." WOW what a great price. At christmas time it was going for $70.00. I'm sure santa didn't know that the economy was going to take a turn for the worst.
I know you are wanting to say "what the heck" go ahead it is okay. I can explain this one. Now, please know that I am a fair teacher and I love kids and I want all my students to succeed. This one particular boy had a hard time sitting in his seat, so for an intervention I gave him a one legged stool to sit on. Let's just say that I got and "A" on my project. Little "Timmy" (not his real name--I want be confidential in my profession)was one of the top students in my class and learning took place. Go get em "Timmy."

8 comments:

Butch Tiger said...

nOTHING like getting a whole herd of baby alives for $20 bucks and have them pooping all over the place. can't wait to see more moab photos.

Ferguson Family said...

I hope you guys picked up some extra baby alives for all of us that have been coveting yours.

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Seeing that Baby Alive at a much cheaper price reminds me of the day after Thanksgiving, at 3:30am shopping for killer deals at a Walmart with you and Sherene.......and then seeing everything I bought the same price if not cheaper the next day!! Good Times.

Butch Tiger said...

Now I have to say that the "Lil' Timmy chair" is very dang funny. I'll be laughing at that for some time. I'm still laughing at Little LuLu saying that Alex called her a "butt cake" and Lukie called her a "weener." How do you do it over there?

Troy said...

That Baby Alive gives me the creeps....What a bad bad bad idea... I think in a deathmatch Aeva could take her out with her pattented eye jabs....but it would be close.

Tesha said...

i'm just curious are the pillows new or used?

Moni said...

Oh, those were the good old days. Sitting and waiting for little Timmy to biff it off the one-legged stool. I am confident that he will grow up to be a successful employee who will sit at his cubicle and not get up until his job is complete. Rock on, little Timmy!

Tiffanie said...

When I went to the front desk and asked for a pillow at the same hotel they were always "out." How can that be? Sell pillows when you don't even have enough pillows. Very confusing. Loved the chair! How did you think of such a solution?